Do you want to perform challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package? Invest in your career at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)!
The Securities and Exchange Commission's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The agency seeks high-caliber employees who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork, and commitment to excellence.
The SEC offers a number of exceptional enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits! Enjoy with SEC:
· Paid dental insurance and vision insurance
· Increased agency subsidy for health insurance which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage, and $50 for family coverage
· Mass transportation subsidy up to $245 per month
To find out more, go to http://www.sec.gov/jobs.shtml.
This position is in the Office of Municipal Securities, located in Washington, DC.
Salary range is $126,661 - $211,297
The Office of Municipal Securities is responsible for administering the rules of the SEC with respect to the practices of municipal securities brokers and dealers, municipal securities advisors, municipal securities investors, and municipal securities issuers and for coordinating with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) for rulemaking and enforcement actions as required by law.
This will be a term position, for a period of two years, and may be extended for an additional period of two years.
The incumbent Attorney-Fellow will be assigned to the Office of Municipal Securities in the SEC headquarters and will serve as an expert legal advisor regarding legal and policy issues affecting municipal securities. This Attorney-Fellow will perform duties such as the following:
- Provides expert legal assistance and advice related to the activities of the Office of Municipal securities, including one or more activities relating to the following: disclosure issues and other issues under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; registration of municipal advisors under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; oversight of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) and review of MSRB rulemakings; consultation with the Division of Enforcement on enforcement matters regarding municipal securities; market structure and price transparency matters regarding municipal securities; and addressing market developments regarding municipal securities generally.
- Analyzes and interprets new and proposed legislation and implementing regulations. Assists in the formulation of policy. Participates in the drafting of regulations, interpretive releases, and policy briefing materials for agency officials in the municipal securities area.
- Performs legal research and analysis in order to formulate and recommend legal courses of action on matters affecting municipal securities.
- Addresses complex and politically sensitive issues affecting municipal securities that have an impact on SEC actions and rulemakings.
- Coordinates, negotiates, and consults with staff in other Offices and Divisions on issues involving municipal securities. Consults with State and local government officials, Congressional staff, other Federal officials, and private sector professionals on matters affecting municipal securities. Participates in policy briefings for agency officials. Assists in preparation of testimony for Congressional hearings. Serve as representative to present the Office's views and recommendations on legal and policy matters.