Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov. View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-VA-RTS2-13-138 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking an administrative professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Administrative Support Assistant (OA) at the Grand Coulee Field Staff (GCFS) Office in Grand Coulee Dam. You can make a difference in the West by supporting a hydropower facility in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
Here is an opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
Promotion to the Full Performance Level: The career ladder promotion potential of this position is the GS-06 level. However, this position may be filled at a lower grade. If so, when and if it is determined that a subsequent promotion is warranted, it may be made without further competition. Promotion up to and including the GS-06 level is neither guaranteed nor automatic.
Location - Grand Coulee, WA http://www.usbr.gov/pn/about/hr/area-information.html .
Payment of travel and relocation expenses will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Manages and maintains the GCFS pre-bid conferences, pre-bid site visits, pre construction conferences, bid schedules, contractor briefing session, and pre-construction safety meetings.
- Initiates service agreements and sets up cost authorities in the Electronic Service Agreement Module (ESAM).
- initiates field requests for Department of the Interior (DOI) Access card for Reclamation contractors and manages the initial, submittal, and tracking of the background security program per regulations from DOI Acquisition Policy Release (DIAPR).
- As Administrative Assistant to both the Field Engineer and Staff, the incumbent plans, coordinates, and carries out all of the day-to-day clerical and administrative support activities a that are required to accomplish the work of the GCFS branch office.
- Maintain's the group's formal and informal files as needed and required by the Field Engineer. Including such activity as fleet management, cellular service, time and attendance actions, property management, small charge card purchasing activity, etc.