The incumbent is the senior person at the facility and works under the supervision of the Industrial Manager. The incumbent supervises five Federal wage system employees in the day-to-day industrial operations of buoy overhaul, ATON hardware fabrication, and administrative matters.
Being a CG Civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignment include:
* Planning, coordinating and supervising work performed by subordinate employees.
* Supervising the work of journeyman level employees in the following trades: welding, crane operating, rigging, abrasive blasting, painting, equipment operation, and industrial equipment maintenance.
* Observing work progress to anticipate or resolve problems and enforces the use of appropriate work practices.
* Planning, and laying out work from sketches, drawings, specifications, guides manuals and work orders including ATON drawings, engineering drawings and diagrams.
* Participating with higher-level supervisors or staff organizations in initial planning of current or future work schedules, budget requests, staffing needs, estimates, and scheduling recommendations.
* Incumbent must possess journeyman level knowledge and skill in at least 2 of the following trades: Welder, Crane Operator, rigging, Painter, Sandblaster, Industrial Equipment Mechanic, Maintenance Mechanic.