Job Title:Assistant Fleet Manager
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Job Announcement Number:UK913199FS-MS
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, June 26, 2013 to
Friday, July 05, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Susanville, CA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED.
NOTE: We are also concurrently announcing this vacancy under Merit Promotion (Internal) #13-05060000-7725G-DB at the GS-7/9 and the DE Competitive (external) GS-9 is being advertised under Demo Vacancy #13-05060000-7725-DP-DB.
Persons wishing to be considered for all announcements must submit separate application packages.
A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of Forest and Range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies. It's an awesome responsibility--but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
- Meet education and/or experience requirements.
- 1-5 Nights of travel per month. May be used to fill more than one vacancy.
- Complete the Occupational Questionnaire/Submit resume/supporting documents.
DUTIES:Back to top
This position is located at the Supervisors Office of a large Forest Service Unit and is responsible for assisting a higher graded Fleet Specialist in managing the fleet program for the Forest.
- Assists the fleet manager in analyzing the fleet program, fleet and equipment purchases, management of inventory, tracking the driver/operator qualifications, data entry and misc. other duties.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by Friday, July 05, 2013.
- Superior Academic Achievement with a bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, nautical science, marine affairs, marine engineering, marine transportation or another field related to the position from an accredited college or university with either: 1) a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale; 2) a 3.5 GPA based on a 4.0 scale for required courses completed in a major field of study during the last two years of undergraduate study; 3) class standing of upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision of the college; 4) membership in a National Scholastic Honor Society certified by the Association of College Honor Societies, excluding freshman honor societies; OR
- Successfully completed one full year of graduate level study, or I possess a master's or higher degree, e.g., LL.B., J.D., LL.M., Ph.D., in accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, nautical science, marine affairs, marine engineering, marine transportation or another field related to the position; OR
- At least one year of experience in maintaining, retailing, purchasing, or procurement of automotive, rail, air, bus, or other transportation equipment or services; or in the operation of a commercial transportation facility or terminal. This experience must have demonstrated knowledge of basic fleet support work that is repetitive and routine. Ability to use basic communication skills in both oral and written presentations, and basic knowledge of administrative functions in the areas of computer data entry, filing, research, and dealing with internal and external customers; OR
- A combination of graduate education and experience as listed above.
College Transcript: Submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume.
You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. Please refer to the "How to Apply, Alternative Methods for Submitting Your Application Materials" section, for instructions on submitting the transcript.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Basis of Rating:
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of the fleet management field including its rules and regulations, policies, and practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Fleet management programs that include procurement, operations, maintenance and disposal of vehicles.
- Ability to analyze factual information and prepare reports and make recommendations for improvement in the Fleet management program.
- Knowledge of procurement policy in order to complete payment for minor maintenance and assist with contract preparation.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Note: If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your description of experience and/or education OR that your application is incomplete may result in receipt of a lower or ineligible rating.
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens - If you meet the qualification requirements based on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position and your responses to the automated scoring system, your application will be placed in one of the three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.