Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here
This position serves as the Director, Mission Analysis Division, Office of Security Capabilities (OSC), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As the Director, you will plan, manage, lead, and evaluate a program providing assessment of risk, analysis and definition of operational baseline performance of OSC, and determination of capability gaps for TSA mission areas. You will be responsible for a program providing critical analysis concerning fundamental issues of TSA's basic mission. You will provide the basis for senior leader decisions and directly impact organizational components throughout TSA and how they serve the public. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and directing the work deliverables of four branches consisting of a staff of technical and engineering personnel to accomplish mission critical organizational objectives.
- Leading projects and reports that provide multidisciplinary expertise and coordinated work products for TSA, including strategic risk assessment, requirements development, systems engineering, operational research, and modeling and simulation.
- Leading the development and rollout of integrated capability gap and requirements process to identify mission needs for TSA.
- Drafting and reviewing all policy correspondence to assure alignment with TSA mission.
- Leading the development of both short and long-term risk assessment strategic planning for the organization.
- Leading the development and implementation of new and modified guidelines, work processes, and operations for TSA in order to maintain and/or improve effectiveness, efficiency, or timeliness of operations.
- Leading the development of strategic TSA risk assessments that require considerable coordination and collaboration with other entities without policy/guidance documents.
- Defining, administering and organizing a budget, including contract support, training, materials, and other services across various disciplines, for a four-branch organization. Determining/securing resources needed to achieve performance goals.