SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The incumbent serves and maintains the official relationship of the
Government-to-Government Federal representative to the Winnebago Agencys
Tribal constituency consisting of the Omaha Tribe of Nebraska, the Santee Sioux
Tribe of Nebraska and the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska.
· Responsible for carrying out the Federal governments responsibility of
protecting, defending and advocating the tribes sovereignty status and lands
held in trust for Indians and to enhance and improve the social and economic
status of the Tribes.
· Maintains the official relationship between the Federal government and
the Tribe providing programs and services in a trust capacity.
· Provides advice and assistance to tribes in their development and use of
their resources and ensures the conditions of the trust.
· Assures that the philosophy of P.L. 93-638 and Self-Determination is
prevalent in decisions of the Agency.
· Directs the planning, organization, staffing and budgeting of a total
federal government operation which provides a variety of programs and services;
identify its goals, priorities, policy, guidelines and procedures; and
determine, identify and procure the support necessary for implementation. The programs and services include natural
resources, human resources, housing, credit, finance, roads maintenance and
construction, minerals, agriculture irrigation, forestry, range, real estate
services, soil conservation and sciences, range conservation and management,
employment assistance, Individual Indian Monies, social services, tribal
operations, law enforcement, courts, personnel, facility operation and
maintenance, procurement, property and supply and safety.
· Administers the programs and services in accordance with federal laws,
regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Develops policies, rules and procedures to carry out operations and
allocates resources-funds, staff, facilities, equipment and materials.
· Approves leave, resolves grievances, maintains discipline, identifies
training requirements, and makes selection for key positions.
· Explains and defines responsibilities, objectives and goals to
subordinate supervisors and evaluates results achieved for program compliance
· Coordinates monitoring of grants and contracts in order to ensure
contractor and grantee adherence to applicable Treasury, GAO OMB, GSA,
Departmental and Bureau guidance and directives.
· Ensures all Bureau loans are monitored and serviced according to
departmental and Bureau guidance and directives.
· Ensures that employees adhere to Bureau and government wide regulations
covering travel, sick and annual leave.