Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
This Supervisory Intelligence Operations Specialist position is located in the Field Intelligence Branch, Current Operations, Office of Intelligence and Analysis (OIA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as a Supervisory Regional Field Intelligence Manager, reporting to the Deputy Director and Director, Field Intelligence Directorate. You will be responsible for providing intelligence support to the Federal Security Directors (FSD) and management at an assigned airport. You will provide current intelligence information and analysis to TSA and DHS leaders. Typical assignments will include but are not limited to:
- Providing regional supervision, performance planning, career development and coordinating administrative actions for Field Intelligence Officers (FIOs) within your area of responsibility.
- Producing analytically sound oral and written intelligence reports that effectively describe the significance of threats and their potential operational impact on the transportation sector.
- Assisting with identifying information gaps and taking action to obtain intelligence, law enforcement, and other reporting to support current operations, threat evaluation, policy formulation, and program management.
- Researching, evaluating, and integrating intelligence data for articles, papers, and studies for TSA and agency stakeholders..
- Coordinating the integration of multiple contributions of intelligence data to provide forecasts, assessments, and overall capabilities.
- Representing the TSA Office of Intelligence on national, state, local and international working groups.
Supervisory/Managerial duties include serving as a first line supervisor for the organization. This includes assigning work, setting priorities, and reviewing and evaluating work and performance of subordinates; approving leave; coaching and developing employees; recommending corrective or disciplinary actions; assisting in budget planning and projecting short-term needs; managing projects within assigned resources; resolving routine problems that typically impact the objectives of the organizational unit; when required, coordinating with customers outside the immediate organization.