NOTE: This position is open under multiple disciplines - Staff Physician, Staff Nurse, Psychologist and Social Worker.
NOTE: Tour of duty for this position is - Monday - Friday working 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
NOTE: Recruitment or relocation incentives may be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities of Chief of Psychiatry may include, but are not limited to:
The incumbent is ultimately responsible for the overall day to day functions in Mental Health. They will determine goals,priorities and direction for the Service and clinical operations and will be responsible for assigning duties to staff within Psychiatry Service. The incumbent will conduct regular meetings to keep staff abreast of all clinical business, policies, procedures, goals, priorities and directions. Working with the Psychiatry Service Administrative Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the development of position descriptions and competencies for the direct report staff, along with the development and completion of performance standards and appraisals. The incumbent will address grievances,apply disciplinary policies and nominate incentive awards in all matters concerning Psychiatry Service staff members.
· The Chief of Psychiatry is responsible for the clinical operations and administrative functions of the inpatient psychiatry unit and outpatient programs and is responsible for the overall day to day functions in Mental Health.
· The Chief of Psychiatry directly supervises the clinical Section Chiefs, in addition to staff in the Office of the Chief. The incumbent is responsible for all Psychiatry Service staff.
· The incumbent is responsible for participation the promotion and oversight of appropriate performance improvement and systems redesign activities and advancing the principles of access and timeliness of care.
· Responsibility for meeting all clinical performance measures and monitors relating to Psychiatry Service and assisting the medical center when possible in meeting all others.
· Collaborate with Medical Center leadership in identifying strategic opportunities and initiatives.
· Serveas the primary liaison for common interests between the VA and Indiana University School of Medicine, and specifically the Department of Psychiatry and its Subspecialty Divisions.
· The Chief of Psychiatry is expected to have sufficient expertise and experience to function independently except on very unusual occasions, and is anticipated to primarily serve as a supervisor to others.