BASIC REQUIREMENT: You must have a degree with a major or equivalent in Psychology for this position. You must attach copies of your transcripts to this application to verify your degree(s). These can be unofficial copies.
To qualify for the SV-H Pay Band (equivalent to GS-11/12), you must meet one of the qualification requirements (A, B, OR C) outlined below.
A. Experience: For those qualifying using experience, your application must clearly outline one year of specialized experience at the SV-G Pay Band or GS-9 in Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. Such experience includes:
- assisting in the analysis of engineering psychology involving the social sciences in 2 or more of the following: experimental research and design, verbal and non-verbal human behavioral research, quantitative analytical methods utilizing the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) or other similar programs to analyze complex data;
- applying psychological theories, processes, and principles in the collection, synthesis, analysis of data; and
- assisting with qualitative and quantitative analyses of security programs or technologies.
OR B. Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 years of progressively higher education in a related field from an accredited college or university or LL.M., if related.
OR C. Combination of Education and Experience: Combinations of successfully completed post-graduate education (beyond the second year) and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements, and may be computed by first determining the total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the position; then determining the education as a percentage of the education required for the position; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for the position.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: Education at the graduate level in an accredited college or university in the amounts indicated above meets the requirements for this position. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. One (1) year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement.
NOTE: If you are attempting to qualify based on education, in whole or in part, you MUST submit a copy of your transcript(s) from an accredited college or university (for each school attended) to establish qualifications based upon education. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application. Official transcripts may be required at a later date.
To qualify for the SV-I Pay Band (equivalent to GS-13), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-H Pay Band or GS-12 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience includes:
- experience in the analysis of engineering psychology involving the social sciences in 2 or more of the following: experimental research and design, verbal and non-verbal human behavioral research, quantitative analytical methods utilizing the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) or other similar programs to analyze complex data;
- applying psychological theories, processes, and principles in the collection, synthesis, analysis, and interpretation of data for programs (i.e., program development, in-depth human behavior studies and pilots in the development of anomalous behavior detection processes);
- conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of security programs or technologies; and
- conducting research in operating environments or lab settings for analytical evaluations of human behavior research.
NOTE: Credit for experience is given based on a 40-hour workweek. Part-time experience is credited on a part-time ratio, i.e., working 20 hours per week for two months equals one month of experience. No additional credit is given for overtime.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required for this position. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your category placement may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
When completing the assessment questionnaire for this position, you will be prompted to elect if you wish for your application to be considered as External (where Veterans' Preference applies), as Status (current or former Federal Employees), and/or Internal to TSA as a current permanent or competitive temporary employee. At that time, please select the answer(s) that apply to you and your application to this position.
To preview questions please click here.