Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
If selected for this position, you will serve as a Training Manager for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As a Training Manager, you will serve as a primary advisor to the Federal Security Director (FSD) regarding the full scope of training programs, issues and requirements. You will serve as the liaison between the FSD and TSA Headquarters regarding training functions and programs and will be responsible for the overall management of the airport's training function.
Primary duties include:
- Planning and ensuring development and implementation of training
schedules to meet TSA training and certification goals; developing the airport's annual training plan.
- Ensuring all required Transportation Security Officer (TSO) training is coordinated, conducted, and accomplished at hub and/or spoke airports under your assigned jurisdiction.
- Briefing the FSD and other management staff regarding the
training status of the workforce.
- Coordinating the training of Security Training Instructors (STI) and Assistant Training Instructors (ATI) to ensure the staff is fully capable and prepared to instruct.
- Coordinating the scheduling of STI/ATI and Training Technicians (TT) with the Assistant Federal Security Director of Screening and the Scheduling Operations Officer to ensure the full scope of work requirements are met.
- Disseminating updates and management decisions that impact
- Ensuring training compliance as required by the Aviation and Transportation Security Act (ATSA), TSA Management Directives and local procedures.
- Evaluating training programs to determine staff, equipment and
other critical resource needs; working with appropriate organizational entities to acquire such resources.
- Facilitating and coordinating all training for the airport
including providing support for FSD staff training and partnering
with special programs training instructors (e.g., Behavioral Detection Officer (BDO), Bomb Appraisal Officer (BAO)) to ensure
the development and delivery of a comprehensive and cohesive training
Managerial duties include: Planning and communicating strategic vision and objectives; assigning tasks and responsibilities; setting priorities; monitoring and evaluating performance; coaching and developing employee capabilities; taking, recommending, or approving corrective/disciplinary actions, as appropriate.