a. Citizenship. Citizen of the United States. (Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified candidates in accordance with chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3g, this part.)
b. Certification. All applicants must be certified in general radiologic technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) (R).
c. Experience or Education. Completion of a full-time training course of at least 24 months duration (or the equivalent) in a post-high school diagnostic radiologic technology program, evidenced by a certificate or an associates degree, accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), and certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in radiology.
(1) Public Law 97-35, the Consumer-Patient Radiation Health and Safety Act of 1981, requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75, Standards for the Accreditation of Educational Programs and the Credentialing of Radiographic Personnel. Essentially, they must have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and be certified as radiographers in their field.
(2) Non-certified applicants who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements for ARRT (R) certification may be given a temporary appointment as a graduate DRT under the authority of 38 U.S.C. § 7405 (a) (1) (D). Failure to obtain certification during that period is justification for termination of the temporary appointment. This may result in termination of employment.
d. Physical Requirements. The work requires some physical exertion, such as regular and recurring standing, walking, bending, moving stretchers, lifting and carrying of equipment and/or patients.
e. English Language Proficiency. Diagnostic Radiologic Technologists must be proficient in spoken and written English.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR GS-9 LEVEL:
(a) Experience. Completion of 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level directly related to the position being filled, and must fully meet the KSAs at that level. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs and demonstrate the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs (below) designated by an asterisk (*)
*(1) Ability to balance the needs of the patients and staff while still performing complex scans and
(2) Skill to demonstrate appropriate techniques to gather relevant information from the medical
record, significant others, and health care providers;
*(3) Ability to assess factors that may contraindicate the procedure;
(4) Knowledge of basic first aid and basic life support practices related to radiography;
(5) Knowledge of physical assessment, aseptic techniques, intravenous skills, and universal
(6) Knowledgeable in pre-procedural, procedural, and post-procedural care of patients.
Quality Ranking Factor: This position includes a Quality Ranking Factor (a knowledge, skill, ability, or competency that could be expected to significantly enhance performance in a position). Applicants who possess the quality ranking factor will be ranked above those who do not.
The Quality Ranking Factors for this position is:
1. Knowledge of cross sectional human anatomy and its application in spiral, and/or, multi-slice computer tomography, inclusive of 3-D reconstruction scans, including drainages, biopsies, and peripheral vascular examinations.
2. Specific knowledge and training in the location, appearance, and function of the various major and minor systems susceptible to radiological illumination.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Failure to comply may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after appointment):
· Applicants must meet any physical, language, license or degree requirements.
· Applicants must be citizens of the United States.
· All selected candidates will be required to pass a medical examination.
· Applicants tentatively selected for certain designated positions may be subject to a random
drug screening for illegal drug use.
· Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment.
· New Appointees may be subject to a probationary period.
· New Appointees will be subject to a background investigation to determine suitability
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, delays in mail service, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.