The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services. This position serves as a Cost Accountant in the Division of Financial Management, Office of Management Services, Bureau of the Public Debt in Parkersburg WV. The Cost Accountant provides financial and technical analysis and conducts special projects and studies related to the Bureau's financial management (management and financial accounting) programs. The Cost Accountant is considered an expert on the cost accounting activities within the Bureau of Public Debt and is familiar with policy considerations, Statement of Federal Financial Accounting Standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and other rules and regulations that may impact these activities.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Monitor and analyze the resource allocations to cost activities in order to identify trends and to assess the impact of changes in costs and volumes.
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly, and annual management accounting Activity Analysis reports, graphs, and detailed analyses, using an automated application spreadsheet or database.
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement reports and detailed analyses, using an automated application spreadsheet or database, as assigned.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly cost accounting data gathering from Bureau Offices for Activity Analysis reporting.
- Coordinate external financial management data calls for the Bureau. Prepare responses on behalf of the Bureau.
- Coordinate cost analysis from each program office for each activity to prepare variance commentary monthly and quarterly.