This position serves the Dairy Programs, Economics Division, Market Information Branch, which provides timely, accurate, and comprehensive market information on milk and dairy products to enhance market transparency in the dairy industry. Duties are related primarily to publication of Dairy Market News. The incumbent coordinates and carries out specific assignments to gather, evaluate, and disseminate dairy information for selected milk and dairy products as well as special projects related to dairy marketing information.
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen.
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Collects, analyzes, summarizes, verifies, disseminates, and protects sensitive market information of national significance covering large geographic areas.
- Participates in daily operations by applying accepted policies and procedures involving Dairy Market News' best practices to dairy market reporting.
- Contacts dairy industry representatives (on a weekly and bi-weekly basis) to discover and report current market information on milk and dairy products, including demand, supply, prices and inventory levels.
- Understands and participates as a back-up, in the event of an emergency, in daily operations by applying accepted policies and procedures involving statistical methods to the Dairy Product Mandatory Reporting Program (DPMRP) and Federal Milk Order Statistics (FMOS).
- Reviews and carries out both long-term and short-term goals for critical program areas.
- Reviews and suggests potential changes to policies and procedures to improve efficiency and transparency of the program.
- Develops and maintains educational and instructional knowledge and materials on dairy marketing information, methods, and practices.