Job Title: Program Specialist - NIAID - MPJob Announcement Number: NIH-NIAID-MP-13-903895
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: National Institutes of Health
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Monday, June 24, 2013 to
Friday, June 28, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Agency Employees Only
1 vacancy in the following location:
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Current permanent Title 5 NIAID employees and candidates eligible under CTAP.
This position is located in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Laboratory of Immunoregulation (LIR).
If you are an exceptionally talented, knowledgeable and motivated individual with experience AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the Division of Intramural Research as a Program Specialist.
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
If chosen for this position, you will:
1) Develop and implement comprehensive plans and strategies for the internal and external integration of day-to-day and long-range projects, actions and activities.
2) Maintain and monitor integrated reporting systems for assigned programs and communicate information to management for the effective evaluation of program operations and performance.
3) Provide organizational support for planning, analyzing, coordinating, evaluating and directing the development of priorities, performance metrics, resource allocations, work force management, and/or performance for organizational objectives to support operational requirements.
4) Participate in meetings, briefings, and other activities in support of organizational programs.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: evaluating program efficiency and effectiveness; interpreting the impact of regulations and policies on administrative programs; providing support for program planning and analysis activities; using integrated reporting systems; reviewing information and developing analytical reports with recommendations.
possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree;
possess 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related;
have a combination of post baccalaureate education and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
View Assessment Questions
If you qualify on the basis of education in lieu of experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed, and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education .
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: