Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition & Logistics in Golden, CO.
Area of Consideration. To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below:
Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced for any length of time. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
*Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
*Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
*Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
*Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
*Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced for any length of time.
*Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA), allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
- Responsible for procuring supplies, equipment, and personal and nonpersonal services through sealed bids, negotiated contracts, Multiple Award Schedule, or by negotiated discounts from commercial price lists.
- Totally accountable and responsible for originating and developing acquisition strategies, selecting appropriate contracting approaches, preward functions, awards of contracts, and contract administration.
- Ensure that proposed contracts are authorized by law and that sufficient funds have been made available for obligation; ensure that contracts received impartial, fair and equitable treatment; and request and consider the advice of specialists in audit, law, engineering transportation, and other fields as appropriate.
- Actively participates in conferences and exhibits, initiates meetings with industry, Small Business Administration and other agencies.
- Serve as technical expert to management, customers, and industry on acquisition regulations and policies.
View Assessment Questions