Find Solutions to Agricultural Problems that Affect Americans Every Day, From Field to Table
The incumbent performs professional nursing duties and facilitates the accomplishment of research and studies using human subjects at the Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, Grand Forks, North Dakota.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
The incumbent serves:
- As the Center's Human Studies Coordinator with primary responsibility for coordinating metabolic research activities and assisting with recruiting volunteers for human studies.
- Works with Center Investigators and staff in planning and scheduling human studies.
- Screens prospective subjects for eligibility and assists the Principal Investigator(s) by providing study related information and developing schedules to facilitate the research process.
- Participates in clinical procedures including phlebotomy, anthropometry, drawing blood through venipuncture, and handling biological samples.
- Monitors research subjects for compliance with protocol and acquires specimens.
- Administers questionnaires and reports unusual symptoms, reactions, and/or deviations from study protocols.
Working Conditions and Other Considerations: The work requires some physical exertion and includes occasional trips to local and remote field sites. The work is performed in an office and/or clinical setting; the incumbent may be required to wear special clothing and/or protective devices during some research protocols. The incumbent must be current on all vaccinations and may be exposed to infectious diseases, radioactive materials, electrical hazards, and explosives, but the risk is slight and short-term.