The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services.
We are looking for highly qualified individuals to meet the challenges of expanding electronic services and processes to our customers and the American public. This position is located in the Financial Management Service A/C Payment Management, in Kansas City, MO. The incumbent applies problem solving and analytical skills to evaluate new and evolving payment processes, procedures, and customer needs in accordance with FMS rules, regulations, policies, and guidance with consideration for new legislation or Agency policies.
* We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
* We offer opportunities for telework.
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
As a Management and Program Analyst, you will:
- Provide objectively based information in support of planning, development, testing, evaluation and decision-making affecting major operational and customer support aspects of substantive mission-oriented payment programs. Serve as a primary contact conducting meetings with high-level Agency officials and technical contacts, and exercise considerable interpersonal skill to present controversial information and influence acceptance of sensitive and controversial recommendations.
- Serve as a production support analyst for FMS payment processing primarily involving the Payment Automation Manager (PAM) system, the Payment Information Repository (PIR), and the payment system interfaces to other key FMS systems. Coordinate with technical and help desk resources to resolve problems, identify root causes, document results, gather metrics and evaluate trends. Research and investigate new or improved business and management practices, and reengineers processes for application to programs or operations.
- Lead coordination, testing, and implementation of payment format and/or application changes with 200+ payment agencies including the primary benefit agencies, Social Security Administration (SSA), Veterans Administration (VA), Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and a wide variety of Salary and Vendor agencies.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct end to end testing in coordination with the agency and interfacing systems. Develop the test plan, assign tasks, monitor testing progress, track problems, and report status. Analyze test results for accuracy. Appropriately represents the needs of the stakeholders (agencies and interfaces) that don't have direct or regular input on production or testing needs.