Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Computer Scientist in the Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Division (BBD), within the Office of the Center Director (OCD), Office of Research (OR), National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), you will apply computational science techniques to design and develop bioinformatics and health informatics software to resolve scientific computing problems.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-NCTR-MP-13-911800 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Designs and develops bioinformatics and health informatics software.
- Participates in establishing system design characteristics to meet requirements of researchers and regulators.
- Participates with teams of engineers and scientists in completing phases of larger projects by developing subsystems or components.
- Provides technical guidance and application software support for scientific computing in areas such as database design.
- Investigates software architectures and development of methods to improve software reusability and portability.