Job Title:Nurse (Clinical/Family Practice)
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:NCMD13609226912177HM
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, June 25, 2013 to
Friday, July 05, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|2 vacancies in the following location:|
Fort Riley, KS United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The position is located at the Irwin Army Community Hospital, Farrelly Health Medical Home, Fort Riley, Kansas.
Fort Riley is located 120 miles west of Kansas
City between Junction City (town of approximately 17,000) and Manhattan
(college town of 45,000 residents). The local area has two large freshwater
lakes for fishing, swimming, boating or camping. There are many other
opportunities, Big XII Kansas State Wildcats football; Milford Lake Wetlands;
hiking on the Konza Prairies; or golf at a nationally ranked course. Go hunting
or ride your off-road vehicle at one of the largest ORV areas in Kansas.
May include shift work or rotating shifts
(evenings, weekends, holidays)
Who May Apply:All U.S. Citizens
- Moving expenses will not be paid.
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
DUTIES:Back to top
The following duties will be performed as a Nurse (Clinical/Family Practice):
- Access, plan, implement and evaluate care given to patients.
- Develop written plan for patient care to meet nursing care needs as identified and diagnosed
through the assessment process.
- Communicate and coordinate with the physician to ensure that the nursing care plan is consistent
with and in support of the overall patient care objectives.
- Assist physician with procedures such as physical examination, lumbar puncture, thoracentesis,
paracentesis, chest tube insertion, endotracheal intubation, minor surgical procedures and biopsies, and radiological examinations.
- Document patient status to ensure efficient management and resolution of nursing care problems;
reviews, updates, and modifies nursing care plan as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Degree: Applicants MUST have a degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.Licensure/Certification: Applicants MUST have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Specialized Experience: One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-07) as a Registered Nurse involving accurately assessing patient's condition and response to medical and
developing nursing care plans to meet the physical,
emotional, social and
spiritual needs of the patient, effectively implementing
the medical and nursing plans of care, and evaluating all nursing care to
ensure proper quality and quantity of care for each patient.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
- Education Substitution: Successful completion
of at least a Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or two
full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to
such a degree, that is directly related to the work of the position.
- Combination of Experience and Education: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute thepercentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 18 hours (total semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.
Click here for more information.
If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- A medical examination is required prior to employment.
- If selected, official college or university transcripts must be submitted.
- If selected, candidate must provide documents for credentialing.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions
with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other
immunizations depending on the type of position
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.