Job Title:Clinical Psychologist
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:NCMD13551688912258D
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, June 26, 2013 to
Wednesday, July 10, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Term NTE 13 Months|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort Sill, OK United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- Nestled in the historic American Southwest, the Ft. Sill area boasts numerous attractions, expanding and affordable housing, quality school districts, and access to shopping and dining. Lawton/Ft Sill is surrounded by a national treasure, the Wichita Wildlife Refuge. There are thousands of acres for hiking and open ranges for buffalo, elk, longhorn and other wildlife. For those desiring a big city atmosphere, Oklahoma City is only 70 minutes from Ft Sill and Dallas/Ft Worth is only three hours away.
- This position is a TERM position and may be extended up to a maximum of four years.
Who May Apply:
- Moving expenses will not be paid.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Clinical Psychologist at Ft. Sill you will be:
- Approving and selecting appropriate psychological assessments.
- Conducting, interpreting, and applying program effectiveness research.
- Providing training to psychologist in consultation, intervention, and assessment methods.
- Utilizing a broad range of psychotherapeutic techniques including brief psychotherapy, behavioral therapy, cognitive therapy, client centered therapy, group therapy, and family psychotherapy.
- Supervising clinical activities of all providers not licensed to provide such activities independently.
- Providing clinical neuropsychological and psychological testing support to staff psychiatrists and other providers.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- Degree: Satisfactorily completed all the requirements for a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
- Specialized Experience: One Year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-12) requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Candidates for this position must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess specialized experience which includes performing psychological and bio-psychosocial evaluations, analyzing the clinical assessments of patients, formulating behavioral health treatment plans, and providing psychological consulting services to all levels of professional staff.
- Licensure Requirement: This position requires a current, active, valid, and unrestricted license as a Psychologist in a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction of the United States.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Ability to conduct clinical assessments
- Ability to provide program administration
- Ability to provide therapeutic clinical service
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Click here for more information.
- If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Selected applicant must provide documents for credentialing.
is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty
during severe weather conditions.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.