Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- Nestled in the historic American Southwest, the Ft. Sill area boasts numerous attractions, expanding and affordable housing, quality school districts, and access to shopping and dining. Lawton/Ft Sill is surrounded by a national treasure, the Wichita Wildlife Refuge. There are thousands of acres for hiking and open ranges for buffalo, elk, longhorn and other wildlife. For those desiring a big city atmosphere, Oklahoma City is only 70 minutes from Ft Sill and Dallas/Ft Worth is only three hours away.
- This position is a TERM position and may be extended up to a maximum of four years.
Who May Apply:
As a Clinical Psychologist at Ft. Sill you will be:
- Approving and selecting appropriate psychological assessments.
- Conducting, interpreting, and applying program effectiveness research.
- Providing training to psychologist in consultation, intervention, and assessment methods.
- Utilizing a broad range of psychotherapeutic techniques including brief psychotherapy, behavioral therapy, cognitive therapy, client centered therapy, group therapy, and family psychotherapy.
- Supervising clinical activities of all providers not licensed to provide such activities independently.
- Providing clinical neuropsychological and psychological testing support to staff psychiatrists and other providers.