Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov/. View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PUBLIC NOTICE ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JULY 30TH. YOU MUST HAVE A VALID Electrical Professional Engineer's license TO APPLY. YOU MUST SHOW DOCUMENTATION WITH CARD OR STATE/DC CERTIFICATE. A ELECTRICAL PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER'S LICENSE NUMBER AND ASSOCIATED STATE GOVERNING BOARD WEBSITE TO VERIFY ELECTRICAL PE LICENSE IS ACCEPTABLE TOO.
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-VA-RTS2-13-146 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as Supervisory Resident Engineer at Grand Coulee Field Staff construction branch office. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment. Responsibilities involve providing construction support functions, including reviewing schedules, enforcing safety, providing field inspections, ensuring environmental compliance, coordinating contract modifications, providing proper contract administration, and tracking and reporting construction status.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential.
Location - Grand Coulee, WA
Relocation expenses are authorized with the exception of the Guaranteed Home Sale Provision.
First-post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointment or reinstatement eligibles.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the work of engineers, technicians, and inspectors, and administrative support personnel for assigned work and will be designated as the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Ensures that field inspection procedures and engineering controls conform to specifications and that approved, state-of-the-art engineering practices and procedures are followed on all assigned construction contracts.
- Analyzes objectives, develop plans to accomplish goals, reviews accomplishment toward goals, and establishes work standards and reporting systems to assure standards are met.
- Reviews project plans, and specifications, and general schedule prior to contract advertisement to determine constructability and whether or not the proposed design will address the project owner's expectations.
- Monitors construction progress daily and points out potential problem areas to contractors. Investigates and works to resolve technical issues between contractors and the project owner which may lead to formal claims by the contractor.