Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As an Interdisciplinary Scientist in the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Food Defense, Communication and Emergency Response, you will manage, analyze, and present scientific analytical results from food monitoring programs that are used to assess and evaluate the health effects of contaminants in the food supply.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CFSN-MP-13-912241
under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Uses multiple databases and statistical analysis software applications to organize and analyze analytical results from FDA food safety monitoring programs.
- Performs analyses and mathematical calculations for evaluating and summarizing program results.
- Communicates with and responds to questions from other Center Offices and analytical laboratories involved with monitoring programs.
- Identifies, resolves, and documents errors, discrepancies, and unusual findings in the monitoring program results and scientific data.
- Collaborates with scientists to obtain related data sets and provides methods or processes of retrieval.