Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees within the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Compliance (OC) with competitive status only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to the Office of Compliance. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 (AND DD-214 IF APPLICABLE).
This position is located in the Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Office of Compliance in Silver Spring, Maryland.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
- Prepares directives, issuances, memoranda, and policy statements to introduce new initiatives and recommend effective operations consistent with overall program objectives;
- Serves as an expert analyst in developing, monitoring, implementing, and evaluating current or projected complex, interrelated public health programs;
- Analyzes existing or proposed systems, strategies, services, or other health related matters for long range implementation and administration of the public health program;
- Analyzes complex public health policies, programs, and statistical standards to advise senior management on public health policies, operations, products, and services;
- Recommends and implements process improvements to enhance program efficiency and effectiveness;
- Collects and compiles qualitative and quantitative information and data for use in program decisions.