WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration: Open only to current Georgia Army National Guard Warrant Officer and Enlisted members.
Position Location: FMS Fort Stewart, Fort Stewart, GA.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS is not authorized.
Relocation Incentive is not authorized.
Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP): Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
Type of Appointment: This is a full-time, Excepted Indefinite, dual-status position which requires Georgia Army National Guard Membership. Position is indefinite; however, may convert to permanent without further competition. If a tenured applicant is selected, tenure will not change.
Job Summary: This position is located in the Joint Forces HeadquartersState, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, inspection, and/or overhaul of a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment. May assist higher graded mechanics in the performance of maintenance duties.
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership: This position requires military membership. It is designated for Georgia Army National Guard Warrant Officer and Enlisted incumbent(s) only. In accordance with ARNG regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military Surface Maintenance Mechanic functions in support of programs essential to state Army National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions.
As a member of a Georgia Army National Guard unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Georgia Army National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Troubleshoots, performs maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
- Troubleshoots equipment and diagnoses the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools.
- Removes and disassembles engines and major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems.
- Independently performs repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, reinstalling, or replacing defective parts of components and systems such as injectors, leaking wheel cylinders, corroded mufflers, fuel tanks, brake cylinders and worn brake shoes, voltage regulators, generators, injector pumps, and fuel pumps.
- Conducts readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity.
- May maintain and repair electronics communication equipment by removing and replacing components and elements.
- Assists in the maintenance of production reports and records, and makes recommendations to the supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.