Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to analyze and help manage enterprise IT system projects? Then consider joining the Office of Infrastructure Protection, National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
The Program Analyst in this position will provide managers with objectively based information for making decisions on the administrative and programmatic aspects enterprise IT system projects or programs. Specifically, the Program Analyst will:
- Conduct risk analysis on IT systems projects following industry standard risk management processes such as those used by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Track cost, scope, and schedule, and develop and coordinate documentation creation in support of IT system projects
- Perform analysis, capture data, and draft responses to IT system project/program tasks originating from a variety of offices
- Prepare standard official reports and draft outreach and communication documentation for dissemination
- Coordinate IT system project activities with Integrated Product Team members who may include system engineers, logisticians, information security analysts, code developers, budget analysts, contracting analysts, enterprise architecture analysts
- Liaise with IT project stakeholders and gather their IT system requirements for validation and approval by senior management
- Research and interpret IT system project management documentation and principles to apply standardized guidance to new or existing IT projects and the Integrated Project Team supporting it