Vacancy ID: 907871
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
The Supervisory Program Specialist will be working in the Professional Credential Office at the VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS).
The major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as Medical Staff Coordinator (MSC) in the Office of the Chief of Staff and is delegated full authority and responsibility for the Credentialing and Privileging program of the VASDHS, including serving as the resident expert on VASDHS's Medical Staff (MS) processes and accreditation standards and as a consultant on MS accreditation programs to the Chief of Staff and Director.
- Ensuring all appointment and reappointment applications for all full-time, part-time, fee basis, and without compensation physicians, dentists, psychologists, optometrists, podiatrists, physician assistants, certified nurse anesthetists and contract physicians are in compliance with all VA regulations and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards regarding credentialing and privileging. Responsible for the education and guidance of staff who participate in this activity.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of programs in meeting established goals and objectives. Continually and systematically evaluates workflow, work distribution, and staffing to identify and resolve inefficiencies and ensure all programs are being carried out according to applicable local, state, and federal laws and guidelines.
- Develops, analyzes and coordinates short, mid and long-term range plans, policies, and programs in support of the VASDHS Credentialing/Privileging Program. Serves as subject matter expert including, but not limited to VA, VASDHS, The Joint Commission, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities regulations and local policy standards for privileging and subsequent renewal or reappointment, ongoing monitoring, the appeals and hearing processes, performance monitoring and categorical privileging/evaluation.
- Supervises and coordinates work of the staff in the Professional Credentials Office, observes work flow, and makes appropriate distribution of assignments. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, setting priorities and identifying developmental and training needs of employees, hears and resolves complaints from employees, develops performance standards, writes position descriptions, evaluates work performance, counsels employees whose work is marginal or unsatisfactory, and initiates disciplinary actions when necessary.
WORK SCHEDULE: MONDAY - FRIDAY 7:30 AM 4:00 PM
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***