Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
This Equal Employment Specialist position is located in the Compliance Program Section, Equal Employment Opportunity Management Branch (EEO), Civil Rights Division (CRD), Office of Civil Rights and Liberties, Ombudsman and Traveler Engagement (CRL/OTE), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Duties include:
- Acting as a liaison between the Civil Rights Division, Office of Chief Counsel, Office of Human Capital, and Office of Finance and Administration to ensure that the Agency complies with the terms of EEO settlement agreements and EEOC decisions.
- Maintaining a spreadsheet of all open and completed compliance actions; Preparing and submitting compliance reports to the Department of Homeland Security Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties.
- Preparing responses to allegations of breach of EEO settlement agreements for review by the Branch Manager, EEO Management Branch.
- Maintaining complete case files for EEO settlements and EEOC decisions and keeping all case files up to date with current status of all cases.
- Coordinating and communicating with stakeholders involved in the implementation of EEO settlement agreements.
- Assisting the Branch Manager, EEO Management Branch in the preparation of statistical analysis of compliance issues.