Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/.
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-DO-2013-054 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Meteorologist. Responsibilities include developing and applying criteria, standards, and techniques in the field of hydrometeorology.
Would you enjoy serving as a Reclamation technical staff resource in hydro meteorology? You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with stellar growth potential! Great Benefits Package: paid vacation, sick days, holidays, health and life insurance and an excellent retirement package!
Relocation expenses will not be paid for by the Bureau of Reclamation and are not authorized for this position.
Promotions to the next grade/salary level are neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
LOCATION: Technical Services Center, Water and Environmental Resources Division, Flood Hydrology and Consequences Group.
- Provides assistance Reclamation-wide relative to climatological and meteorological factors affecting hydrologic studies basic to the planning; design, construction, and operation of Reclamation projects.
- Conducts studies leading to the development of improved criteria that are documented in standards and guidelines that establish the policy of Reclamation in the area of hydro meteorology.
- Develops site-specific extreme storm probability and Probable Maximum Storm studies.
- Develops precipitation frequency studies for Reclamation watersheds using criteria obtained from regional hydro-meteorological studies.
- Prepares initial drafts and writes technical reports, research reports and/or memorandums that are reviewed by senior staff.