Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to formulate strategic and operational plans, develop, define and implement budget and financial administration policies and procedures based on legislation in support of the Homeland Security Act of 2002 and Homeland Security Presidential Directives? Then consider joining the Office of the Under Secretary (OUS), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Ensure the Directorate complies with laws, regulations, and requirements for Congressional reporting of budget formulation, execution, finance, and accounting.
- Formulate, direct, executes, and control the work and associated resources involved in supporting resource requirements, budgeting processes, and providing top policy guidance and procedures to senior management.
- Provide over all staff supervision and day-to-day oversight of National Protection and Programs Directorate Components Budget and Finance activities.
- Develop internal management procedures and programs for the Directorates staff operations.
- Provide close support and advice on operating centralized management and decentralized execution processes for effective administration of budget and financial procedures.