The Chillicothe and Ross County Community represents an ideal relocation opportunity and has been cited in popular periodicals as one of a growing number of smaller communities (approximately 75,000) with positive economic and cultural influences.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Special Employment Consideration: Individuals eligible for the following appointments are encouraged to apply: 5 CFR 213.3102 "u", Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities ; mental retardation, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities; and Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
WORK SCHEDULE: Weekdays; some evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Students currently enrolled at least half-time in an accredited college or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying related degree or certificate.
PLEASE NOTE: The Temporary NTE date may end sooner depending on the selectees school schedule. In addition, the appointment may be extended beyond the Temporary NTE date if approval is granted.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
This position functions in the Primary Care Line. The incumbent is responsible for performing administrative duties as assigned by the Chief of Primary Care. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares, composes or reviews correspondence.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail, including the processing of express mail.
- Performs clerical or technical program support work for a variety of technical and/or program specialists.
- Operates computer systems, and/or performs data processing support service functions requiring knowledge of data processing sequences, procedures.
- Arranges records for storage/reference, scheduled disposition, and retrieval.
- Performs general filing including the use of alphabetical, numerical or chronological filing systems.
- Communicates well with all customers, veterans, staff members and visitors in a friendly courteous and knowledgeable manner at all times; while supporting the VA mission.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive data in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974 and other applicable laws, federal regulations, VA statues and VHA policy.
- Uses several computer programs to access, review, retrieve or process patient information.
Position Description Title/PD#: Student Trainee Primary Care Line, GS-699-4
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position