The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located in the Patient Administration Department, Director for Administration at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, California.
· Review coding and documentation performed by health care providers in an outpatient setting.
· Provide coding training for providers and assist with coding template creation and maintenance, both hard copy and electronic.
· Review/audit outpatient encounters to ensure the documentation and the healthcare providers coding assignments are the appropriate ICD-9, Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Healthcare Common Procedures Coding Systems (HCPCS), and Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes.
· Remain current with codes and update/inform providers of code changes and reassignments that may affect patient population.
· Maintain daily job status reports including completed activities, all metrics, incomplete activities and the status of any special interest data projects.
The duties and responsibilities at the GS-07 level are essentially the same as those at the full performance level except the incumbent is under closer supervision and receives more detailed instructions. The position has known promotion potential to the GS-08.