Would you like to help serve fellow Americans while being exposed to the work of a Federal Career, including experience with solid work assignments that will help you grow professionally through training and mentorship? If your answer is YES, the Pathways Program is for you! This new program offers students the opportunity to be exposed to Federal Government work through exciting internship opportunities.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services. The Student Trainee (Accountant) participates and assists in developing policies, guidelines, procedures, and controls for debt, administrative, and governmentwide accounting related issues.
Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
The following are the duties at the GS 09 level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Participates and assists in the preparation, review, analysis, and/or submission of annual financial statements that are in compliance with the CFO Act of 1990 and other governing regulations.
- Participates and assists in developing and maintaining accounting controls to assure the accuracy and timeliness of debt, administrative, and governmentwide financial records.
- Provides support in the development and implementation of effective cash management and reporting policies and procedures for Federal Reserve Banks relating to the cash accounts of the Treasury. Participates and assists in the daily collection, verification, and dissemination of time sensitive publications reflecting cash and debt operations of the United States Treasury.
- Processes and certifies administrative receipts and disbursements.
- Operates, maintains, and monitors financial management systems according to established procedures and required schedules.
- Provides support for specific reconcilement, reports, and/or audits which are relied on in part or in whole to produce daily, monthly, or other periodic statements.