The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services. The Accountant participates and assists in developing policies, guidelines, procedures, and controls for debt, administrative, and governmentwide accounting related issues.
This appointment is being filled under the Pathways Program - Recent Graduate program.
The Recent Graduates Program provides individuals, who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs, with developmental opportunities in the Federal Government. Participants must have obtained a degree, or completed a qualifying career or technical education program within the preceding 2 years. If you served in the military after receiving your degree please see the “Qualifications” section below for more information regarding your eligibility. Upon successful completion of the program, if you are a United States citizen, you may be noncompetitively converted to a permanent position, or in some circumstances a term appointment in the competitive service.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-09. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Participates and assists in the preparation, review, analysis, and/or submission of annual financial statements that are in compliance with the CFO Act of 1990 and other governing regulations.
- Participates and assists in developing and maintaining accounting controls to assure the accuracy and timeliness of debt, administrative, and governmentwide financial records.
- Provides support in the development and implementation of effective cash management and reporting policies and procedures for Federal Reserve Banks relating to the cash accounts of the Treasury. Participates and assists in the daily collection, verification, and dissemination of time sensitive publications reflecting cash and debt operations of the United States Treasury.
- Processes and certifies administrative receipts and disbursements.
- Operates, maintains, and monitors financial management systems according to established procedures and required schedules.
- Provides support for specific reconcilement, reports, and/or audits which are relied on in part or in whole to produce daily, monthly, or other periodic statements.