- U.S. citizenship.
- Doctoral Degree in Psychology from Graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA)
- Successfully completed a psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA.
- Hold a full, current and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g. Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.
GRADE DETERMINATIONS: In addition to the basic requirements for employment, the following criteria must be met when determining the grade of candidates. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs"
1. Knowledge of and ability to apply a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations.
2. Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
3. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
4. Ability to provide supervision in areas related to behavioral health and social services provision in order to accomplish the organizational goals and objectives.
5. Ability to provide fair, principled and decisive leadership for a work environment that promotes shared accountability.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR GS-13 LEVEL: In addition to the experience requirements at the GS-12 level, at least one additional year of experience as a professional psychologist equivalent to the next lower grade level.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: See VA Handbook 5019, Part III Physical Standards Board
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
References : Input applicable reference and links. For example: VA Handbook 5005/23, Part II, Appendix F7, SOCIAL WORKER QUALIFICATION STANDARD , dated February 2009, and OPM Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific Positions at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/IORs/GS0100/0185.htm ( or you may use the following generic citation) VA Handbook 5005 at http://www.va.gov/ohrm/joblistings/VAQualStds.doc (also available in the local Human Resources Office) and OPM Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific Positions at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/IORs/GS0100/0185.htm.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.