The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview.
If you have experience assisting higher grade level scientists in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of bioinformatics applications and solutions for the assigned biomedical research program areas, AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIH National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) Bioinformatics Team's efforts to design and implement bioinformatics applications and solutions for the biomedical research enterprise.
For more information, visit http://www.genome.gov/. This position is located within the Extramural Research Program (ERP).
As a Health Scientist Administrator for the Extramural Research Program, some of your duties include the following and much more!
- Participates in the overall planning, development, and implementation of policies and procedures for the NHGRI ERP.
- Assists in the identification and formulation of program needs to achieve an integrated and responsive effort in the assigned area.
- Provides recommendations concerning program direction, priorities and funding levels for areas of responsibility.
- Supports efforts involving bioinformatics solutions to the compilation, storage, retrieval, analysis, and dissemination of biomedical research information.
- Performs scientific and administrative reviews and analyses of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint.
- Consults with and advises grantees/contractors during preparation of applications/proposals and provides guidance on bioinformatics program issues.
- Monitors scientific progress, program relevance and merit.