To qualify at the GS-15 level, you must have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-14 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as: 1) serving as advisor or consultant on acquisition, planning, and implementation of cybersecurity related systems, hardware and software; 2) evaluating emerging technologies and trends for impact to cybersecurity policies and requirements; 3) designing IT security systems architecture solutions for an organization; and 4) advising senior authorities and management on ensuring effectiveness and efficiency of the organization's information infrastructure protection program.
Applicants must also have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
There is no education substitution for this position, please do not submit transcripts.
New employees must serve a one year probationary period.
Selectee must submit a Financial Disclosure Statement OGE Form 450.
Selectee will be expected to have (or obtain within one year) the following Vendor-neutral certification(s): CISSP, CCSP/CCIE Security, or comparable certification(s).
This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, acts of terrorism, or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (5 U.S.C. § 7501-7533 and 5 CFR Part 752, as applicable).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Authority, veterans' preference does not apply. Applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements described above and who are otherwise eligible to apply for the position, may be referred for selection consideration.
Applicants who are displaced Federal employees within the local commuting area who are requesting priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) will also be evaluated against the following criteria: Your resume and other applicant information must reflect your length of experience and/or training in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of IT security principles, concepts, methods, standards and practices
2. Skill in project planning and management
3. Skill in communicating orally
4. Skill in communicating in writing
5. Ability to develop and implement IT security plans
Applicants will be evaluated on their total background including experience (paid and unpaid), education, awards, and training and self-development as it relates to the position based upon the information provided in the resume/application and any other supporting documents. If you are a current or former Federal employee, your resume must indicate the GS or pay band level for each position that you held. If your resume includes non-government service, including contractors, please include the salaries for each position held. All work experience should specify the length of time spent in the position. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated.
Please note: If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is apparent in your description of experience and/or education OR that your application is incomplete, you will be rated ineligible or your score may be lowered.
Evaluation of Experience: Please include ALL applicable work experience that relates to the position for which you are applying. You must include months and years to receive credit for your work experience. You may use additional sheets to describe your work experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that indicates hours per week "varies." List exact hours per week on each job experience.