Job Title:NURSE MANAGER
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Job Announcement Number:LAG-PHS-910091-LKS-012
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$60,672.00 to $103,080.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, June 17, 2013 to Monday, July 08, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|2 vacancies in the following location(s):|
Florence, AZ United StatesView Map
Elizabeth, NJ United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This position is open to US Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers|
NOTE: This position is in the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps and you will be referred as a Commissioned Corps personnel and not as a candidate to a permanent GS career or career-conditional appointment. This USPHS position is being filled at the rank of Commander (O-5).
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ONLY USPHS OFFICERS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THESE POSITIONS BASED ON THE APPLICANT'S YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND THE NEEDS OF THE LOCATION.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security. With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/.
The ICE Health Service Corps (IHSC) exists within the organizational structure of the Bureau of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Detention and Removal Operations (ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide quality healthcare services.
The incumbent serves as the Nurse Manager for one of the healthcare facilities located across the nation for the ICE Health Service Corps (IHSC). These sites provide medical care to detainees in Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) custody. IHSC serves as the medical expert for ICE.
MISSION: The ICE Health Service Corps protects America by providing health care and public health services in support of immigration and customs law enforcement. This is accomplished through maintaining a committed, effective and efficient workforce who provides evidenced based appropriate health care in a cost effective manner.
- If the incumbent holds a clinical license, it is the responsibility of the incumbent to fulfill the obligation(s) of their licensing or certifying body to maintain currency. This position may be required to perform clinical activities with the scope of clinical license in times of critical needs within the agency.
- Maintains current CPR/BLS certification.
- Maintains current ACLS certification (optional).
- Minimum 6 years professional nursing experience.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Masters Degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Cultural Competency.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Oral/Written Communication Skills.
- Maintains clinical professional skills via continuing education opportunities.
- Adult learner teaching skills.
- Maintains basic readiness status
- Maintain current license and meet continuing State edu requirements
- Maintain BLS certifications
- Complete Application Package (see How to Apply Tab)
- Relevant Experience (see Qualifications and Evaluations Tab)
- Ability to pass background investigation