Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: www.usbr.gov.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-GP-IESG-13-34, for current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% disabled veterans). If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a Drill Rig Operator Helper to assist with all facets of environmental, engineering, construction geology, and hydrology exploratory programs. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Great Plains Regional Office, Infrastructure & Engineering Services Group, Geology & Exploration Services, Billings, MT.
For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf.
Relocation expenses will not be paid by the Government. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
Additional positions may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Helps transport equipment and prepare drill sites and high-pressure water (10,000-15,000 psi) drain cleaning sites. Assists in setting up work site, setting water supply, stringing hose, and operating high pressure cleaning programs.
- Operates jackhammers, chain saws, pumps, generators, hoists, winches, and other hand and power tools. Breaks (with pipe wrenches) and tails out or lays down drill rods, drill bits, core barrels, drill collars, casings, drive barrels, drive hammers, and auger flights.
- Drives water truck pulling drill or equipment trailer behind. Loads water on water truck using a small pump. Loads and unloads all tools and materials necessary for drilling operations.
- Under the direction of the Drill Rig Operator, performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and helps with repairs.
- Retrieves, prepares, boxes, and properly labels all geologic samples for inspection and logging.