Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1247-SE-AM-M-R1. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located at the U. S. Coast Guard, Seventh Coast Guard District, Air Station Borinquen, Aquadilla, PR.
This position is involved in a range of duties and responsibilities which require skill in recognized trades or semi-skilled occupations. The incumbent is expected to perform journey level duties in the air conditioning and refrigeration occupation as well as worker level duties.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
* Serving as one of the assigned Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Mechanics primarily responsible for the full range of maintenance, improvement and repair of all Air Station Borinquen heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) equipment.
* Working assignment includes troubleshooting and repairing systems that provide for a variety of air conditioning functions such as heating, cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, cleaning, filering, and circulating of air climate.
* Working involves installing, recognizing the cause of faulty equipment and making repairs on systems.
* Conducting ventilation system tests and maintenance.
* Making detailed recommendations for improving the various HVAC systems.