Find Solutions to Agricultural Problems that Affect Americans Every Day, From Field to Table
As an Administrative Officer for the USDA's Agricultural Research Service in Brookings, South Dakota, the incumbent provides leadership in the management of business functions in support of research programs. The incumbent works closely with the management team to efficiently and effectively carry out all administrative operations. Such functions include management advisory services, budget, human resources, agreements, purchasing and contracting, safety, and facilities.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
You may be considered for this position under Open Competitive and/or Merit Promotion.
OPEN COMPETITIVE: You may apply to be considered under Open Competitive if you are a U.S. Citizen.
MERIT PROMOTION: You may apply to be considered under Merit Promotion if you are 1.) a current or former Federal employee in the Competitive Service with Career or Career-Conditional status, 2.) a Veteran eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA), 3.) a disabled person eligible for a non-competitive appointment under Schedule A, 4.) or a returned Peace Corps Volunteer. See the Time-in-Grade Requirement in the Qualifications section and Required Documents under the How to Apply section below for more information.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties in support of office functions.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to employees and management on a full range of administrative functions.
- Manages all phases of budget formulation, execution, and administration.
- Informs management and employees of human resources rules, policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Manages the procurement program by anticipating long and short term needs and planning accordingly to procure supplies and services.
- Supervises employees by assigning and evaluating work, and by defining objectives, priorities, and deadlines.