Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Microbial Methods Development Branch, Division of Microbiology, Office of Regulatory Science (ORS) in the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN). The incumbent will develop new or alternative methods for the rapid detection, isolation, and identification of foodborne bacterial pathogens.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CFSN-MP-13-909264 under Merit Promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Implements a research program to investigate and improve the detection of Salmonella spp. in foods.
- Evaluates, modifies, and validates cultural and molecular methods for the detection and isolation of Salmonella spp. in food.
- Provides guidance to students or other junior personnel in the area of food microbiology.
- Prepares written summaries, publications, and scientific reports of microbiology data collected.
- Establishes scientific collaborations with academia and/or other government agencies.