Department: Department of Defense
Agency: Defense Contract Management Agency
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency is a rich resource of indispensable partners who contribute to and benefit from integrated missions and programs. We are an independent combat support agency within the Department of Defense (DoD). We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position:
The position of Quality Assurance Specialist (Intern) is a position in the DCMA Keystone Program. DCMA uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and attract exceptional individuals into the Federal Workforce. The DCMA Keystone Intern program is generally a three-year developmental program.
Prior to appointment, all candidates will be required to sign a Keystone Conditions of Employment Agreement.
NOTE: During the Keystone Intern Program, participants will receive specialized formal classroom training, computer-based training, and on-the-job (OJT) training. The training program will consist of the following:
1. Report initially to CMO/Center for at least 2 weeks.
2. Travel TDY for one week to attend training at a DCMA Learning Center (DLC).
3. Spend 6 months in the CMO/Center for more OJT and developmental training.
4. Return possibly to the DLC for 1 week assessment/update training.
5. Return to the CMO/Center for more OJT and developmental training.
6. Return as necessary to the DLC throughout the 2nd year for additional training.
Who May Apply:
· All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
· Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication
- No PCS or Recruitment Incentives will be offered for this position
- Pre-appointment drug test may be required.
- Temporary Duty (TDY) is approximately 15 percent.
- This is an acquisition position.