DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information visit www.dfas.mil
Vacancy Information: This position is located in Information & Technology Directorate, Accounting Services, Commercial Pay, Indianapolis, Indiana.
This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
- Responsible and accountable for internal processes and administrative, technical, and automated system controls.
- Coordinates maintenance and support activities of major finance and/or accounting automated information systems with IT specialists, project managers, and functional users to ensure system adequacy and efficiency.
- Uses prior personal experience and knowledge and state-of-the-art information to conduct analysis and makes recommendations to improve or enhance major automated information systems. Uses knowledge of the relationship of audit readiness to ensure assigned systems are in compliance.
- Develops qualitative and quantitative measures of effectiveness in meeting project goals and provides input into development of project objectives and work break down schedules, statements of work, and technical proposals.
- Accountable for maintaining a system of procedural controls to ensure the integrity of internal records of any financial accounting transactions
- Plans work and set priorities to be accomplished by subordinate employees, develops performance standards, evaluate employee performance, resolves minor employee complaints, and advises subordinate employees on administrative and technical matters.