Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. A review will be made of your responses to the occupational questionnaire and the documentation you submitted in your resume and on the AGMO Form 335-1-R to support your responses. The selecting official will contact you for an interview if your name is referred for this position.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who have may have the same name. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.Vacancy Identification NumberThe Vacancy Identification Number is
9090801. Title of Job
SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability
QUESTION 1: Are you a permanent technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 2.
QUESTION 2: Are you an indefinite or temporary technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard OR a Missouri traditional guard member with the Missouri Army National Guard OR interested in guard membership in the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 1.6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest GradeEnter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. Valid grade for this position is:
1511. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service16. Availability Date
You may leave this section blank if you can begin work in the near future. If you will not be able to begin work in the near future, please provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use the MM/DD/YYYY format.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational SpecialtiesEnter the appropriate occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Surface Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor21. Geographic Availability
Select the location(s) in which you will accept employment. Valid location for this position is:
294040051 Jefferson City, MO22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
1. Do you possess experience, education or training that demonstrates your ability to provide technical guidance on work operations, plan work schedules, direct work, and maintain report and records?
2. Do you possess 36 months of specialized experience that demonstrates your ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments; review work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines; experience which provided knowledge of various lines of work performed; deal effectively with other people and gain their cooperation in achieving common goals; supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes?
3. Are you currently a member OR eligible to immediately become an active military member of the Missouri National Guard?
MILITARY MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
4. Do you currently possess a valid state driver's license for the state in which you live or are principally employed?
For each of the following tasks, chose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
5. Planned the overall allocation of personnel and resources to the organizational segments supervised to accomplish work operations which, because of their scope, volume, and complexity, must be planned on a yearly or longer basis.
6. Analyzed work plans developed by subordinate supervisors for accomplishment of assigned work orders and projects and the status of work being accomplished in relation to overall schedule requirements, including unanticipated and emergency requirements.
7. Provided higher level managers and/or supervisors information on status of work projects, budget estimates, changes in equipment, facilities, techniques, etc.
8. Participated fully with higher level management officials and staff organizations in studying and developing recommendations concerning changes in specification requirements, work techniques and standards.
9. Participated fully with higher level management officials and staff organizations in studying and developing recommendations concerning revisions of organizational structures, responsibilities, and relationships.
10. Participated fully with higher level management officials and staff organizations in studying and developing recommendations concerning improvement or modernization of equipment, facility layout, and workflow.
11. Participated in planning conferences and meetings.
12. Explained work requirements to subordinate levels of supervision.
13. Set deadlines and sequence of operations.
14. Coordinated and directed the work of units supervised.
15. Balanced workload for subordinate work groups.
16. Analyzed production, cost and personnel utilization records and made adjustment in operations to correct problems.
17. Developed quality and quantity standards.
18. Spot-checked work operations to assure production and quality standards were met.
19. Recommended promotion or reassignment of subordinate supervisors and reviewed personnel actions prepared by them.
20. Made formal appraisal of supervisors' work performance and reviewed employee appraisals submitted by them.
21. Determined long-range training needs for all levels of subordinates.
22. Submitted funding and budget requests with justification for approval and arranged for the accomplishment of the training.
23. Promoted and administered such programs as cost reduction, incentive awards, suggestions, and quality assurance.
24. Ensured that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized.
25. Assured that subordinate supervisors carry out such programs as labor management and equal opportunity.
26. Scheduled and approved leave.
27. Developed and established the internal procedures to be followed by subordinate supervisors to assure effective control and direction of the work activities, organizations, and personnel supervised.
28. Assured that appropriate production reports and administrative records are maintained.
29. Acted on personnel problems referred by subordinate supervisors.
30. Heard and resolved grievances and ensured proper correct action was taken.
31. Prepared for and participated in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises.