Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1804-NE-DG-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DIRECT HIRE AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DIRECT HIRE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located at the Research and Development Center, New London, Connecticut
The role of this position is to assess how new capabilities will affect mission performance. This position requires access to national security information and equipment as well as assignment to sensitive duties.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Provides technical expertise to program managers or program coordinators for a specific scientific program.
- Plans, develops, reviews, evaluates, and directly participates in the establishment and implementation of specific projects and objectives
- Performs comprehensive research studies for substantive program initiatives.
- Provides authoritative technical advice in own area of scientific expertise.
- Serves as a project leader, providing guidance to team members in the form of discussions concerning research priorities, project resources, and administrative procedures.