In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. General experience is defined as: progressively responsible clerical, office or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of a Test Administrator. Examples of qualifying general experience include reading instructions, greeting visitors and filing.
Education Substitution: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience above in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definition(s) below:
1) Education alone: Education may be substituted for specialized experience with 2 years of education above high school.
2) Combination of education and specialized experience: A combination of education and specialized experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of undergraduate education in excess of 1 years by 30. Add the 2 percentages. Note: For the purpose of qualifications, 1 full year of undergraduate education is equivalent to 30 semester hours.
If you are using education to qualify for this position in any way, you must submit a copy of your transcripts.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: To receive credit for education completed outside the United States, you must show proof that the education has been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Knowledge of Test Administration
Knowledge of Security Guidelines
Ability to Communicate Orally
Click here for more information.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· Moving expenses will NOT be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
· Defense National Relocation Program (DNRP) will not be authorized.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· One year probationary period may be required.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
· Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
· Applicants claiming veteran's preference should clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
Conditions of Employment:
- This position requires the employee to have a valid state driver's license.
- This position requires the employee to have reliable transportation to the remote test locations.
- This position works on an intermittent/as needed basis.
- The position requires frequent travel within a 100 mile radius of Urbana, OH, which is reimbursable.
- This position requires a personnel security investigation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be asked a series of questions to determine your eligibility, qualification, and quality ranking for this position. If your responses to the eligibility and qualification questions result in a determination that you are not eligible or not qualified, you will receive no further consideration. If your responses result in a tentative determination that you are eligible and qualified, your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.