This position is located in the CG Force Readiness Command, Performance Technology Center, Analysis, Acquisition and Evaluation Branch, Yorktown Training Center, Yorktown, VA.
The primary purpose of this position is to conduct Human Performance Technology (HPT) analyses and create systems that support human performance with a focus on newly acquired systems, e.g.: ships, boats, aircraft, etc. and to serve on matrix acquisition teams to ensure human performance and training needs are considered during acquisition of major and minor systems.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the team. Typical work assignments include:
* Conducting Front-End Analysis (FEA) and job task analysis to identify solutions for performance interventions such as resident training and/or alternative deliveries/distance learning strategies(i.e. simulations, computer-based training/interactive video tele-training, electronic performance support system (EPSS), Internet, Intranet, Extranet, etc.) or other than training solutions.
* Serving as project leader for specific projects such as Front End Analyses, Job Task Analysis, web-based survey and evaluation development.
* Assisting training staff in identifying most efficient and cost-effective training intervention based on desired learning outcomes, design characteristics required and customer concerns and constraints such as cost, safety, equipment/facility availability,. time away from the job, etc.
* Planning and conducting formative and summative evaluations for non-traditional performance interventions (e.g.: EPSS), resident training, IM/ICW, and other alternative delivery programs using various methodologies. Analyzes survey data using standard statistical software packages, prepares reports with findings and recommendations.
* Advising program and training managers on matters pertaining to the application of HPT principles to solve new and long-standing human performance issues.
* Advising program and training managers on matters pertaining to systems approach to training, design, and development of instructional systems, application of instructional technology development, and validation of instructional materials, instructional media, tests, ICW, etc.
* Identifying and defining improved analytical methodologies and technologies that improve upon existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) through research and professional writing.
* Serving as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) for Human Performance Analysis and training related contracts.