Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Lead Program Analyst within the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), Office of Management (OM), Division of Budget and Planning (DBP), you will apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of travel program operations.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CFSAN-DE-13-906244
under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement under noncompetitive merit promotion procedures. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Lead a Travel Team of Program Analysts who provide a central agency point for travel related issues and customer service to CFSAN offices on travel concerns;
- Serve as Lead Program Analyst for a team and develop, select, adapt and employ qualitative and quantitative methods, procedures and systems for assessing the travel program and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Coordinate on a continuing bases with agency, legal, finance, procurement, and operations program elements and with travel regulatory bodies in conducting analysis of the travel program;
- Evaluate impact of new or modified policy recommendations on government-wide travel programs and advise management on identified impacts;
- Provide travel services by assisting travelers in the handling of their travel requests in accordance with prevailing per diem and travel allowances as specified by the Federal Travel Regulations and related entitlements as prescribed by law;
- Approve or reject card holder applications for Travel Charge Cards and ensure card holders have completed required training.