Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
GS-09: 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level.
Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service directly related to the position to be filled which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of specialized experience is work which demonstrates the ability to provide information processing, database management and related support activities with responsibility for designing and implementing integrated tasks to assure coordinated services in a program area.
Completed 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education OR possess a master's or equivalent graduate degree (such as an LL.B. or J.D).
A combination of specialized experience and graduate level education that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENT: Must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
GS-09: Applicant must 52 weeks at the GS-7 grade level or higher
DOCUMENTING EXPERIENCE: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Foreign Degree Note: All foreign degrees must be evaluated by a nationally recognized Accrediting Agency. You must submit proof of such evaluation and/or conversion. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services website. This list, which may not be all inclusive, is for informational purposes only and does not imply any endorsement of any specific agency.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: NO
4. Bargaining Unit Position: YES
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. Drug Screening Required: NO
7. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: NO
8. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
9. Certain positions within the FDA are subject to strict restrictions on financial holdings (FDA regulated financial holdings). To determine whether this position is affected, applicants are advised to seek additional information during the interview process from the Ethics and Integrity Staff, Office of Management Programs, Office of Management at (301) 796-8435 prior to accepting such a position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents, and work processes and programs.
2. Knowledge of analytical and evaluation methods, administrative requirements and operating procedures.
3. Knowledge of applications/system programming and analysis techniques.
4. Skill in fact finding, analysis, and negotiations sufficient to interpret and organize data and coordinate projects.
5. Ability to communicate orally
6. Ability to communicate in writing.