Become part of the team that safeguards the financial system from the abuses of financial crime. At the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), we are at the forefront in preventing and detecting terrorist financing, money laundering, and other financial crime. Serve at the nation's financial intelligence unit and protect the United States financial system from criminals and terrorist financiers.
Employee serves as a Lead Security Specialist in the Office of Security of FinCEN and reports to the Chief of Security, who in turn reports to the Deputy Director. The Office of Security implements security policies, procedures, standards, training and methods for identifying and protecting information, personnel, property, facilities, operations or material from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, assault, vandalism, espionage, sabotage or loss.
The incumbent performs and leads work involved in a wide array of security functions, including Physical Security, Information Security, Counterintelligence, Safety, health, and Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) Emergency Preparedness. Leads regular staff engaged in such work and provides oversight and coordination of on-site and off-site contractor provided services. In the absence of the Security Officer, is fully responsible for assigned program areas and direction of assigned team members and, as so designated, for acting in the absence of the Chief of Security.
- Participates with the Chief of Security in the formulation of policies, procedures, systems and programs for Physical, Information, Counterintelligence, Safety and COOP Emergency Preparedness.
- Advises and assists management officials in determining the impact of security considerations on their operations and security measures required to meet their operational objectives.
- Leads and conducts a full array of physical security functions for all FinCEN locations.
- Directs and conducts information security functions.
- Directs and conducts counterintelligence investigations and briefings in regards to counterintelligence issues or the overseas travel of FinCEN staff and FinCEN sponsored contractors.
- Leads and directs the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) program for FinCEN.
- Serves as FinCEN’s Safety Officer. Responsible for all safety and emergency preparedness for the organization.